Summary: The Quality Technician will drive inspection of materials and finished parts for compliance with engineering drawings and company specifications before assembly into manufacturing.
- Perform more complex inspections under minimal supervision to determine conformance with specifications, utilizing standard mechanical and electrical instruments, functional gauges and test rigs in accordance with instructions and techniques.
- Perform detailed first article inspections, if required.
- Perform duties in support of the Calibration system.
- Process associated documentation including process tags, rework tags and nonconforming material documents.
- Provide written results of inspections performed.
- Participate in Source inspections at suppliers’ sites.
- Interface with various departments for transition to production of newly released products, including uploads to eMAX, ECO generation and support for release of documents for Marketing, Service and Operations.
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- 3+ years hands on inspection experience.
- Must be familiar with the care and use of fundamental hand inspection tools, including calipers, micrometers and functional gauging, and manual and portable CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) usage.
- Must be able to perform Gauge R&R or Measurement Error Studies.
- Must be familiar with fundamental CMM techniques and language (PCDMIS and other software).
- Must be able to utilize the Inspection and MRB Event Solution, including SharePoint websites.
- Must be able to perform basic functions in Excel® application software.
- Ability to work well with others.
To apply for this position, please click here!