Summary: The primary function of the Systems Engineer is to ensure that the Solidscape Material Deposition Systems are operating properly and within specifications. Key responsibilities include the research, development, and refinement of material delivery systems. The ideal candidate will be responsible for identification of Additive Manufacturing System hardware and software parameters needed to optimize performance and achieve part quality attributes required by our markets. This person will become the resident expert for the manufacturing of material delivery systems, ensure quality of product and root cause issues during the manufacturing process. The Systems Engineer will develop a deep understanding of material, hardware, and software interactions in Additive Manufacturing systems.
What You Will Do:
- Be accountable for optimizing the material delivery system including system-level evaluation and testing to confirm technical feasibility.
- Operate 3D printers and metrology inspection equipment.
- Conduct Quality reviews as part of manufacturing audits and new application development.
- Optimize and verify each configuration against known defects, standards and document results.
- Investigate new product opportunities and performance enhancements through new configurations or changes in existing models including improved performance parameters.
- Support alpha and beta programs that involve customer interaction.
- Track and resolve issues pertaining to application development schedule and/or quality requirements.
- Perform Design Verification Testing as it relates to the deposition of material for 3D printing.
- Provide technical assistance to internal/external sources.
- Work directly with the management, engineering team, customers and suppliers.
Skills and Experience You Have:
- BS in Engineering, Math, or Science.
- 7+ years of previous experience with 3D or inkjet printing.
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM software applications and/or Additive Manufacturing industry experience is strongly desired.
- Good verbal and written communications skills and the ability to resolve technical issues while maintaining a good working relationship with Operations, Service, Product Marketing and internal Engineering personnel.
- The ability to maintain positive, team relationship with internal and external customers, as well as co-workers.
- Creativity and willingness to become a technical expert of rapid prototyping applications.
- Self-motivation and project management skills.
- A customer-focused attitude with an appropriate sense of urgency and attention to details when handling process and machine related issues.
- Experience with fluid dynamics a plus.
- Experience with Solidworks required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is subject to change at any time in order to meet the business needs of Solidscape.
To apply for this role, click here.