We are looking for a detail-oriented and motivated Staff Accountant to assist in all facets of the accounting process. This individual will report to the Controller and will play an integral role in both the day-to-day accounting functions and the month-end close process. The candidate needs to be able to work independently and will focus on quality, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Perform and ensure timely completion of the financial month-end close process, including daily transactional accounting, preparation of journal entries, and account reconciliations with the ability to research and resolve questions.
- Responsible for all aspects of the company’s standard costing system from the analysis of the BOM to the review of labor and overhead rates.
- Review and analyze all inventory transactions from daily receiving to reconciling on a monthly basis. This includes support for monthly and annual physical inventories.
- Manage prepaid expenses schedule and prepare related journal entries, analyze prepaid contracts that are ending and being proactive on renewing contracts.
- Oversee fixed assets administration including running depreciation/amortization, managing equipment in process tracking, add completed projects to fixed assets start depreciation of assets, and dispose of assets, as needed and reconcile to the general ledger and maintain proper documentation for backup. This includes forecasting future amortization for reporting and budgeting.
- Ensures compliance with department policies and procedures.
- Assist with and prepare supporting documentation for audits with the ability to resolve audit questions.
- Provide meaningful commentary to the controller on both the Balance Sheet and P&L on a monthly basis, which may require research and analysis of variances.
- Assist the Controller in compiling management and financial reports as needed, including preparation of annual fiscal budget
- Other ad hoc duties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with 5-7 years’ work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel with the ability to analyze large amounts of data. (basic formulas, pivot tables, VLOOKUP’s, etc.)
- Cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Ability to manage priorities, workflow, and communicate across the organization.
- Knowledge of GAAP and application of accounting principles, financial process and internal controls.
- Self-motivated individual with high degree of responsibility including confidentiality, sense of urgency, and accountability.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and ability to identify process improvements.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess a strong work ethic with the ability to work extended hours during critical periods and to meet project deadlines.
- Knowledge of Sales and Use Tax a plus
To apply for this role, please click here.