The Product Support Specialist is the technical expert within the Customer Support Department regarding proper operation and maintenance of assigned products, and is available to provide technical support and training to external partners and customers. This position is the primary resource for communicating technical product issues between the field and our Engineering and Manufacturing Departments, and is required to interface regularly and effectively with external customers and all groups within the company.
What you will be doing…
- Represent the Customer Service Department on product development teams to ensure that products are being designed for high levels of reliability and serviceability.
- Maintain records of system performance in the field and assist in driving product improvement efforts within the company.
- Identifies appropriate FRU’s and spare parts inventories, and documents processes and procedures that are required to diagnose and repair systems in the field and in the Refurbishment Department.
- Serves as subject matter expert for ECO’s, FCO’s, service manuals, service data bulletins, and product notices that convey product changes and updates to the field.
- Defines training requirements for field service personnel and provide training content to Technical Trainer.
- May be required to travel up to 30% independently domestically and internationally to customer sites to resolve technical issues or to provide assistance to Resellers and Distributors.
- Demonstrates commitment to Solidscape’s Core Values by leading, acting, and behaving in a manner consistent with these values.
Experience/Skills you already have…
- Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience and training.
- Three or more years experience supporting complex electro-mechanical equipment installed at customer locations.
- Rapid prototyping or direct digital manufacturing industry experience is strongly desired.
- Customer-focused attitude with an appropriate sense of urgency and attention to details when handling customer issues.
- Ability to independently organize and prioritize multiple duties.
- Good verbal and written communications skills and the ability to resolve technical issues while maintaining a good working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Creativity and willingness to gain an advanced understanding or rapid prototyping and direct digital manufacturing applications.
- Ability to take initiative, maintain a positive attitude, be self-motivated, and to work effectively on projects with minimal direct supervision.
- Willingness and ability to work on both individual and team projects.
To apply for this role, click here!