Summary: The primary function of the Process Engineer is to research and identify critical Additive Manufacturing System software parameters needed to optimize performance and achieve part quality attributes required by our markets. The Process Engineer will develop a deep understanding of material, hardware, and software interactions in Additive Manufacturing systems.
What You Will Do:
- Be the point person for new configurations development including system-level evaluation and test tasks to confirm technical feasibility.
- Operate 3D printers and metrology inspection equipment.
- Conduct Part Quality reviews as part of new application development readiness.
- Optimize and verify each configuration against known defects and standards and document results.
- Investigate new product opportunities and performance enhancements through new configurations or changes in existing models including improved performance parameters.
- Support alpha and beta programs that involve customer interaction.
- Track and resolve issues pertaining to application development schedule and/or quality requirements.
- Perform routine maintenance and regular cleaning on all platforms of 3D printers in machine area.
- Provide technical assistance to internal/external sources.
Skills and Experience You Have:
- BS in Engineering, Math, or Science.
- 1-2 years of previous experience supporting complex electro-mechanical equipment, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM software applications and/or Additive Manufacturing industry experience is strongly desired.
- Ability to accurately deal with multiple tasks while ensuring timely completion.
- Good verbal and written communications skills and the ability to resolve technical issues while maintaining a good working relationship with Marketing and Engineering.
- Creativity and willingness to gain an advanced understanding of rapid prototyping applications are desired attributes.
- Customer-focused attitude with an appropriate sense of urgency and attention to details when handling process and machine related issues.
- Previous exposure to Solidworks a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is subject to change at any time in order to meet the business needs of Solidscape.
To apply for this role, click here!