Prodways is seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented professional for our Field Service Technician position. The right individual will utilize various knowledge levels of electronics, electro-mechanical systems, printers, copiers, plotters or CAD/CAM applications and hardware, to provide direct technical support, maintenance and guidance to Prodway’s customers via phone, email, web links and onsite visits. This position will work out of the Solidscape location in Merrimack, New Hampshire.
- Educates customers on best practices for the use and operation of Prodway’s products to ensure optimal performance.
- Travel to customer sites and assist in resolving complex technical issues or provide assistance to Resellers and Distributors.
- Perform onsite installations, customer training, repairs, and preventative maintenance on our Prodways printers.
- Support our customers with a combination of remote maintenance support as well as onsite remedial or preventative activities.
- Responsible for maintaining a spares inventory as well as ordering and replacing parts as needed.
- Provides technical support for printers directly at customer sites and via telecommunications vehicles, where possible.
- Stays current with Prodways technologies and those of the additive manufacturing community.
- Uses CRM system to maintain records of system performance in the field and assist in driving product improvement efforts within the company.
- Maintains the ongoing operation of the demo machine(s), located onsite.
- Become the subject matter expert for our Prodways resin-based products.
- Must possess strong electro-mechanical skills necessary to perform machine repair and calibration procedures
- Experience with Magics, Netfab, or similar software.
- CAD software experience is a plus.
- Ability to read, understand electrical diagrams and schematics.
- Previous experience using a multi-meter to troubleshoot electrical problems.
- Customer-focused attitude with an appropriate sense of urgency and attention to details when handling customer issues.
- Ability to independently organize and prioritize multiple duties.
- Must be willing and able to Travel up to 75% of the time both domestic and International.
- Good verbal and written communications skills and the ability to resolve technical issues while maintaining a good working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Creativity and willingness to gain an advanced understanding or rapid prototyping and direct digital manufacturing applications.
- Ability to take initiative, maintain a positive attitude, be self-motivated, and to work effectively on projects with minimal direct supervision.
- Willingness and ability to work on both individual and team projects.
- Experienced in managing customer relationships, proactively seeks customer feedback.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability towards solving problems, and effectively communicate these solutions to co-workers and customers.
- Applications support experience or strong background.
Experience and Education:
- Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience and training.
- Two or more years’ experience supporting complex electro-mechanical equipment installed at customer locations.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and to provide solutions with minimal direction
- Knowledge or interest to learn CAD/CAM applications.
- Knowledge or interest to learn Dental application software.
- Experience with Windows OS and iOS applications
To apply for this role click here