The Shipping Specialist will ensure that all shipments follow global customs and compliance rules and regulations. The ideal individual will work as a team player and be able to demonstrate best practices relating to domestic and international shipping procedures.
What you will do:
- Conduct day-to-day trade activities to ensure all shipments and reverse logistics are complying including shipping documentation, export license determination, Harmonized System Code (HS) classification, proper valuation, Incoterms, along with specific country trade agreements and Rules of Origin.
- Maintains records of shipment & compliance documentation, materials, requisitions, and stores materials to maintain stock.
- Fill requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line.
- Cycle counting and various work order issue and completion transactions.
- Prepare incoming receipt of material, ensure boxes are not damaged, and process paperwork and complete transactions.
- Maintains ERP system and inventory accuracy by performing data entry transactions on time related to outbound shipments. Researches inventory discrepancies and perform the necessary ERP system adjustments to correct inventory balance.
- Loads, unloads, moves, stacks and stages products and materials using a forklift and pallet jacks to load/unload freight as necessary.
- Prepares Import export and domestic shipping documents and schedules freight pickup as required.
- Ships individual product orders using common carriers, freight forwarders, brokers, and customer-initiated carrier shipping systems.
Experience and Skills, You Should Have:
- Experience with Domestic and International Transportation Systems using Carrier, Terminal, port and freight forwarders websites.
- Experience with Sales Order / Contract Compliance, and Incoterms.
- Proven experience communicating with U.S. regulatory agencies involved in import/export activities.
- Experience in trade regulations, ECCN and HTS classification, Automated Export System (AES), EEI filing, and USDA as applicable.
- Strong experience in Global Freight Forwarding and Custom Broker operations.
- 2 or more years of Trade Compliance and Transportation experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Strong communication and organizational skills with a high level of detail and accuracy.
- Maintains flexibility to work overtime as needed (end of month/quarter/year requirements).
- Strong working knowledge of MS windows operating system, MS Office software and ERP Systems.
- This role requires someone to sit and stand; must be able to lift or move up to 50lbs.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this role, please click here.